Tuesday, September 7, 2010

OMG! *burp*

I'm beginning to reap the benefits of having a clean kitchen. Now that I can actually find my kitchen counter, and now that not all the food in the fridge is ten months past the expiry date, I'm starting to actually cook some meals.

Tonight I made me some spare ribs. I didn't have any sauce left (used it up in the pulled pork last week), and I didn't have a recipe, so I improvised with what I did have. What I had turned out to be Dijon mustard, honey, and garlic salt. I slathered the first two on, and liberally sprinkled the last over top, then put them in the oven to bake. And it was heavenly! Next time, I'll used real minced garlic instead of garlic salt--I can do without the sodium, and I could hardly taste the garlic. But other than that, it was easy, fast and yummy.

I'd used up all the garlic on Friday, making turkey burgers stuffed with goat cheese, minced garlic, grated carrot, and chopped spinach and pepper. Yes, you read that right. Spinach. As in, almost as much spinach as turkey. Got six burgers from just over a pound of meat. Ate one and froze five, as I was going away for the weekend. I had one of the frozen ones when I came back yesterday and...

It was great! I'll definitely be having both of these meals again, and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment